Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology was established in the year 1987 as Regional Engineering College and was given the status of National Institute of Technology (Deemed University) by the Government of India on October 17, 2002 under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi. Now the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has declared the Institute as “Institute of National Importance” under the act of Parliament-2007. A large number of reputed Industrial houses in the country visit the Institution and select the final year students as Engineers/ Management Trainees.
Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) is established in the Institute to cater the need of the society. The centre will provide a multidisciplinary platform for policy discourse. This will bring researchers, practitioners, and interested members of our community together in order to contribute meaningfully to policy debates on development, resettlement and other such burning issues.
The CCE aims to foster new relationships and interactions among public officials, civil society and the private sector in the search for creative solutions to public policy problems take management decision for development of society.
The CCE may engage government agencies, national and international academic institutions, NGOs, industries, and individuals to promote management education.
The Centre will cover the wide range of short term and long-term program to be offered to all citizens of india and abroad. Its aims will be as under:
- To conduct courses on public policy, urban and rural planning, skill development, entrepreneurship, management, governance etc.
- To strengthen the government's capacity to effectively implement policies.
- Centre may conduct and organises management development programmes, seminars, talks, workshops, conferences etc.
- To conduct capacity building programmes in the field of management, engineering, public policy, finance etc.
- Centre may run a long-duration programmes that would help them develop in-depth capability for both policy-making and implementation.
- To conduct short-duration training program for participants from government, civil society, industries and non-profit sectors, private sectors etc.
- Centre will provide policy advisory services, consulting services and research.
- To provide a forum for policy dialogue among policy stakeholders.
- Centre may offer programmes through online mode to cater the need of society.
- To provide any other services which deem fit for the upliftment of society.
The proposal for establishment of CCE is placed for consideration and approval.
"To build a rich intellectual potential embedded with interdisciplinary knowledge, human values and professional ethics among the youth, aspirant of becoming bankers, so that they contribute to society and create a niche for a successful career".
"To become a leading and unique institution of higher learning, offering state-of-the-art education, research and training in engineering and technology to students who are able and eager to become change agents for the industrial and economic progress of the nation. To nurture and sustain an academic ambience conducive to the development and growth of committed professionals for sustainable development of the nation and to accomplish its integration into the global economy. To strive to be a Swachch NIT providing a guarantee of clean hostel, clean mess, clean water and hygienic & wholesome food to its students".