Department of Industrial and Production Engineering
(Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
To serve the country, nation by producing expert skilled engineers who:
- The graduates should be able to establish themselves as practising professional by acquiring knowledge in the field of production & Industrial Management and other related areas.
- The graduates should be able to develop an ability to analyze, understand, design & provide novel engineering solutions.
- The graduates should be able to communicate effectively and imbibe professional attitude with multidisciplinary approach towards addressing environmental & social issues.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
POs describe what students are expected to know or be able to do by the time of post-graduation from the program.
- Acquire knowledge of core Production & Industrial Engineering systems.
- Be able to analyze complex engineering problems & provide feasible solutions.
- Develop an ability to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Develop an ability to apply latest technical knowhow & managerial approaches for enhancing productivity of organizations.
- Develop an ability to carry out methodical research for finding appropriate solutions & logical conclusions to further undertake research in higher education.
- Develop an ability to function effectively both individually as well as in teams for accomplish common goals.
- Develop an understanding of professional & ethical, responsibility towards environmental, societal & work related issues.