Department of Industrial and Production Engineering
(Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
To serve the nation by producing qualified and skilled engineers who will:
- Excel in professional career and/or higher education by acquiring knowledge in Engineering, Computational and Statistical principles.
- Have the ability to analyze real life problems and develop solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
- Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
A student after acquiring B. Tech. in Industrial and Production engineering is expected to possess the following capabilities:
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering and Management.
- Shall be able to design the systems through analytical and creative thinking.
- Shall be able to improve the performance of the routine activities in the system and new projects within realistic time and financial constraints.
- Shall be able to identify, analyze and solve real life problems.
- Shall have sufficient knowledge and competence to effectively make use of modern scientific tools in research and higher education.
- Shall be able to communicate and lead teams towards effective governance in various organizations at all levels.
- Shall have strong ethical & professional traits and be environmental friendly to achieve organizational sustainability through teamwork.
Course Objectives, Course Outcomes and Syllabus